Friday, February 12, 2010

New blog, new possibilities ..

It's always nice to start writing on a fresh sheet of paper. The handwriting mistakes from the previous page don't matter anymore - suddenly your hand is steadier, your letters shaped more evenly than the bottom of the page before.

This is not my first blog. I've decided not to import all of the old entries because this is a fresh new page in my book, and anyway if I wanted to build on those I'd just be writing on one of my old blogs. (They used to be called online journals, thank you.) Besides, I sort of have a vision for this one. A direction. Maybe none of my old blogs had a direction because my life didn't really have a direction. It's not that I have it all figured out now, because ohmygod I don't. There are still some pretty big unanswered questions (what the hell do I want to do with my life?), but at least now I think I know what the questions are.

I've missed having a creative outlet. The last blog I wrote on regularly was my MySpace blog, but who even uses that anymore? I have too much going on in my life to not have a place to share, and with so many new beginnings - we're buying a house and I'm back in school for the first time in four years! - it just seems right to start something fresh. I can see job interviews, remodeling, and maybe even babies in the future. I'm trying to learn to be stable and responsible. I'm not always very good at it, but trust - I am not the trainwreck I used to be. I'm a little more boring and a lot happier, a little bit fatter and a MUCH better cook.

So here's to you, fresh start. And while we're at it, maybe our positive attitude will encourage spring to show up. It's about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment